Saturday, February 13, 2010

wrinkled


Tomorrow, as I'm sure you're well aware, is Valentine's Day, and so a small reflection apportioned to Love. If you're single or just bitter please don't hate me or throw up. Just a short story, I promise.

Tonight my parents and I took a card and cake over to our neighbors. It is their 64th wedding anniversary tomorrow, Valentine's Day. "She" showed us the bouquet of flowers her husband had given her - a big bunch of pink and white carnations, tied with a plastic red bow in a vase. "He" shuffles about the house by necessity of a walker and too many surgeries, and "she" wears a wedding ring on a wrinkled hand that is bruised from taking daily blood thinners.

She giggled and blushed lightly as she showed us, saying "It feels like we're dating again."

Enough said.


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm not single, but I am bitter. Sweet story

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)